Sunday, February 12, 2017

Simple Christmas 2015

I am so indebted to the National Parks Service.... because something like a stroke means disabled to them? I dunno ??? For my family, this is awesome because we now have access into EVERY SINGLE PARK, MONUMENT, MEMORIAL FOR FREE-LIFE TIME.  
WE will take advantage of this  fully. I have so much fun planning exotic national park trips  for my family. One way this in accomplished is via Christmas. Now that I can no longer homeschool, sadness, we are regulated by the traditional school schedule. Thankfully, we receive three weeks off and take a week, in lieu of presents, go on a fun- filled, historical, geological,road school to the max, and outdoorsy trip... With tons of family fun :) My children "never"  bicker just look at their smiling faces on my highlight reel :) 

My point is, after the stroke, my family clung onto memories of our Oregon trip. We realized that making memories and family time was what we desired to cultivate. When I started to think back over my life... I could not remember what I received for any particular Christmas, but I could recite to you the Florida trip taken with my grandparents! 
After 21 months of intense therapy to try and regain so much that was lost in 5 seconds,Stroke recovery I am typing this with my right hand (no, I am not fully recovered). I wanted to regain the years I lost with my kids... So out of that came my idea to trade of gifts with a trip! I though the idea sounded awesome... but how to convince the natives could be so much harder... Thankfully, they were semi-excited and apprehensive with our new idea! Fast forward, they LOVED the trip and asked if we could do this again next year!!!! 

Our 2015 Xmas destination were as follows:
LAKE MEAD NRA
DEATH VALLEY
VALLEY OF FIRE STATE PARK
ZION NATIONAL PARK
RESORT IN LAS VEGAS!























No comments: