Saturday, April 7, 2012

Learning About Easter In Our World




Today, the kids and I spent the morning listening to hymns on the crucifixion and the blood Christ shed for our sins. We opened up our Easter eggs with the symbolism of what Christ did for us.  Our hands were dyed- mine still look as thought I rolled in purple dirt today. Hannah insisted on crawling, screaming and squeezing food coloring bottles on her white shorts. Rule #1 no white shorts, Rule #2 make sure you are outside. I followed one of the two rules, thankfully.

We prayed, read the Bible and then I created their simple Easter cones filled with reeses peanut butter eggs. We had an Easter egg hunt and dinner with some dear friends tonight and another fun day planned tomorrow, sin Ben. Thankfully we could celebrate with us this evening...will miss him tomorrow... "life" doesn't stop on Sundays for some jobs. Thank you Jesus! I love you! Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday and if you fell upon this blog, I pray that if you do not know the love that Christ has for you- you will find it today. Feel free to email me if you want to know more! Enjoy your friends and family- family comes in all shapes and sizes and doesn't necessarily mean blood- I've learned that in the past 5 years of living out here.

No comments: