Sunday, February 12, 2017

Simple Christmas 2016



We are a little over a month back from another non stop six days, 2100 miles of adventuring, adulting, parenting, laughing, bickering, falling, and playing, This was such a great trip again! The kids did great. My youngest hiked 4.2 miles over boulders on Devil's Hall at Guadalupe Mountain National Park.  He was literally a mountain goat. I, on the other hand somehow managed to fall gracefully face first onto a boulder spraining my pinkie so badly. "Now you see me, now you don't."

We rented sleds and sled down gypsum at White Sands National Monument! Hiked over boulders at the very cold and windy Guadalupe National Park, descended 750 feet below the surface of the Earth and explored Carlsbad Caverns, Explored Kilbourne Hole in the middle of no where- driving for hours down deserted dirt road to see a crater in the ground created by a volcanic explosion, hiked Organ Mountains National Mountain, Franklin State Park, and Hueco Tanks State Park and then home!

There was tons of games played, Mariachi bands in Las Cruces, laughing about my fall, more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches than I care to remember, high quality gas station coffee, the alphabet game, I spy... oh and we slept too :) 























No comments: