Monday, March 26, 2012

Applying James 3:17

Today I read in my quiet time James 3:17. This is a verse that I feel so strongly in my spirit to meditate on and to ask the Holy Spirit to continually renew and work in my heart. There are times that I feel the complete opposite of this on the inside. Or, I feel that I have so much to change that I cannot even imagine where to begin or that I am doing alright.

Raising a family requires more sacrifice of myself than I could have ever imagined. It requires me to lay down my selfish ambition and my insecurities. I am forced to confront parts of me that quite honestly would never come out or be known, except to God, because of the life I've created. I am so thankful for the powerful working of the Holy Spirit and to know that " Nothing is impossible with God."


No comments: