Friday, March 23, 2012

Something For Mama Too

I have been learning to crochet for the past two months. Right now, I'm working on a couple of different projects. One, is making little crocheted chicks with eggs for my kids. They are far from perfect but I love a challenge and something homemade.

Crocheting is very relaxing and addicting. There are a few things you need to get started:

* Variety of crochet needles ( I have F-I)
* Fun colors of skeins ( aka. yarn balls)
* Books from the library, youtube or a dear friend
* Patience and determination

The first time I tried to make my first row for a scarf it took me over an hour. Now, I can probably make an entire scarf in an hour. I am kind of becoming addicted to this little craft of mine and having so much fun with it I may try to offer a few tutorials a few times a month. That, however, would require taking pictures as I go, step by step- a bit of a challenge. Anyways, here are a few of my favorite books to start with!

Some of my favorite crochet books

No comments: