Friday, December 11, 2009

What Is Time Management Mean To Me?

I have been really pushing my workouts lately, trying to challenge my body in a new dimension. I enjoy the challenge as well as the sweaty feeling when done. A job well done. Today, I woke up and just felt an inert desire to skip the workout and stay home. A stay home we did. There has been a Family Fun craft I have been meaning to do. I will not say what it is as the kids made it for their grandparents. However, we completed it and it looks fantastic.

I feel that when I dedicate and spend quality time at the gym, giving back to myself I am able to take so much more time for the people that matter most in my life, my family. So many times you hear harried mommas explaining in exasperation, " I just don't have time for myself" . Personally, I feel that this is a cop out. I homeschool, have a family on an unconventional schedule, three kids under 5 and manage a home. I have 30 minutes for myself to get the sweat going, the endorphins flowing and the stress out of my body.

Maybe, I don't have time to do everything that I want to do....but that's ok, this is a choice not a demand. I have chosen to welcome children into our lives....we, my husband and I , have chosen to set up our lives the way they are...however, I have not chosen to let myself go. I challenge you, if you are a stay at home mom or a mom that works....give yourself 30 minutes, minium, every day to give back to yourself, your body and see what changes happen in your stress levels, your organizational levels, not to mention your health.

No comments: