Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today

Today we woke up and started getting ready for the play, " 12 Dancing Princesses". We always enjoy these plays because they are put on with an entire cast of children actors. The kids and I all sat down and Hannah lasted for about 15 minutes. So for the rest of the 75 minute show I was in and out, walking the halls with her and checking on the other three, unassisted, in the theater.

The older kids did great and I made a mental note not to take Hannah to these plays EVER again this year. I happen to want to enjoy them as well too. Then, due to my van needing a new alternator ( I have replaced the starter and water pump in the past 1.5 yr).....I thought , " oh goodie". The problem was that my van was starting to slowly not want to start and I can't afford to get stranded anywhere, at anytime.... I am not into the , " let's call a tow truck and figure out how to fit everyone in" type of girl.

Thankfully, I received a great referral from someone who was able to get me in fast, give a cash discount and we were out the door within an hour! I cannot tell you how relieved I am. Ben was going to take care of it but there was a lot more juggling required and this just worked out much easier, even with all the kids in the waiting room with me. The only thing I had to sensor was a swimsuit edition of sports illustrated...but besides that, the tv worked and pbs kids was still on.

We are home now and I am just enjoying a few moments to myself before I start math and language arts  with the boys. Today, really didn't go at all how I had planned it but I felt that God was teaching me a great lesson in rolling with it as well as trusting him to provide. I was able to use my frustrations today w/ cars to show and talk with the kids how God is still faithful even when things fall apart. It was a great life lesson and good test to see if my attitude backed up my mouth. Anyways, nothing too exciting about today....just a regular day with some practical lessons.

Oh, and ps. Hannah blew out of her diaper yesterday, dripped poo everywhere and then smeared it into the carpet- so I am thankful for my uneventful day today :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love, love, love the title of your blog. Just had to stop by for myself.

Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit. This looks like a refreshing place to slip off my shoes and wade into some serious goodness.


Splashin'
Sarah