Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines Day



We had a great valentines day. The kids created homemade valentines for each other using doilies, markers, glitter and stickers. We talked about the Victorian Age and how they created fancy valentines to express their love. We read 1 Corinthians 13, made homemade valentines cupcakes and our own chocolate mold cupcake sticks, homemade ( including the crust ( which reminded me of a very moist pizza hut crust)) pizza. The kids passed out their valentines to each other and we focused on blessing and showing love to one another. They also enjoyed a sticker book from their Grandma. We were a little rushed for breakfast time since we had Riah's dance class but for lunch each sandwich was cut into sweet little hearts....oh how I love  LOVE! I kept reading different verses that pertained to love.....we only have the capacity to love because Christ first loved us....He is the originator of our love and I cannot help but fall more in love with Him. WE also read a few books on love, valentines day, etc. One book, Koala Lou, a friend of mine gave me a few years back and I must have been having a moment because I just started tearing up...no matter how many children I have , I will always have the time and love for each one individually.

No comments: