Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Jar






I love Autumn. The smell of crisp, fallen leaves crunchy under your shoe, apples, apple cider, cinnamon, brisk winds and watching the geese fly south for the winter. I love racing in the yard and jumping in a freshly made pile of leaves. Unfortunately, since moving to our current location....we need to travel about 1.5 hours to enjoy the fall air....but the weather still is changing and I am not about to let a season go by without celebrating it!

Last fall, I made a list of a different fall activities for the kids and I to do together.....This year, I transferred that idea to small pieces of paper and a fun little jar. The idea is that throughout the fall season the kids will randomly select a different activity and we will do it.

Yesterday, Jay picked " make apple crisp". It was perfect timing since I needed to make a meal for a new mom anyways. He did a great job measuring out the topping, all by himself, and Moriah helped as well as eating a little butter :) Don't grimace, you know you always wanted to know what spoonful of that creamy stuff tasted like :)

I am looking forward to pulling out the other fun activities this season. I had a lot of fun thinking of the ideas and letting Moriah fold them with me.

I am working on a fall/Thanksgiving mini unit study to begin in November and run about 2-3 weeks, depending on how it is going...I will post my ideas soon as I am super excited by it.

No comments: