Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trusting

Girl (3-5) in pool, touching father's hand, underwater view, close-upHave you ever noticed when you outwardly express that you will trust God that things start happening? Umm, well I have. We are trying to sell our home and have had no offers and our home is quite small for the amount of people in it and home schooling. Also, this week between both of our cars, we have put in about $1K in repairs and are not done yet. Ben and I feel strongly about having one parent, me, stay how with our kids. We feel strongly about honoring God with our finances and living within our means. We also feel strongly about living on one income.....so, we truly trust God and pray for wisdom in many of our decisions as it requires wisdom and creativity.

Pulling from my previous post.....trusting God can somewhat be like swimming in the water as a young child. My boys are pretty confident in pool water; yet, what would they be like in the ocean or the lake where there is a current, darkness and waves? They would drown...I guarantee it without the guidance, help and complete supervision of myself or Ben. Why? Because they are not familiar with it. However, what if Ben and I were right next to them, guiding them, holding them, and a wave starts building and the excitment of it crashing over us is rising. Would I release my young four year old, with no life preserver to the strength and force of the wave? Never! I would cling to him, hug him close and allow him to feel my heart beating with excitment over this "change" in the placid water while his beats from fear of what might happen, and when the wave subsides I will still be holding him and another one will come, but he'll learn....Daddy isn't going to let me go, Momma isn't going to let me go. I may not like the water coming in my mouth or the feeling of not knowing when the wave will be done rushing over me, but I'll be ok.

God will never let you go, nor will He allow circumstances to overtake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

That verse does not say He'll watch from afar, it says "the One who goes with you...." Thank you Jesus that you always walk before us and with us.

Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Staying at home as taught me a lot about how much of what we do is necessary versus material. Do I hate the material? No! If that was true I wouldn't care about fashion, getting my hair colored, etc. However, I just am really able to separate myself from what a need and a want is. I do have a huge suspicion of the constant barrage of capitalistic influence on all of our minds and tend to buck the system when I being made to "have to " do something. But for the most part, I appreciate technology, etc. My biggest prayer is that we sell our home. It is 1100 sq feet and although I'm sure 60 years ago, people had 15 people living in the area....it isn't 60 years ago and we can afford more...so therefore, we need to sell....please be in prayer with us about selling...I can't wait to post a praise report that it has happened and I finally have a school room- even though I"m sure we will always gravitate to the comfort of our couch.

What kind of faith walks has God put you on? God is faithful so his word does not fail. I would love to be encouraged!

1 comment:

Nancy Bouwens said...

He is so much more than what we see.. what we touch.. and what we feel. I have seen over and over and year after year... through storms so big- I did not think I would live to breathe another day... that He is faithful...He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is big.. He is good.. all the time... even when the waves crash- even when the seas roar and the mountains fall into to the sea... He speaks "peace be still. Let me hold you. Let me ...be the stillness you crave- the answer you ask for... let me be your God" The Alpha the Omega- the beginning and the end... always....