Saturday, October 2, 2010

swimming

Yesterday we went swimming as a family. It's funny how you can go swimming at many different times of the year, depending on where you live. I didn't necessarily swim as Hannah happened to be hungry ; however, I did enjoy watching the kids play and hang on Benjamin. When I arrived at the pool, after a very frustrating day with vehicles( mine died and need a $400 fix), I was very happy to hear the boys and Ben playing a game that only daddies could think of. The object was to throw a ball that sunk, across the pool and race with either Austen and Daddy , Austen or Jayden, etc. The would throw it and yell " On your mark, get set , go!" and then the two of them would swim as hard as they could to the other side and dive down to retrieve the lost ball. I could not BELIEVE how great my boys swim. Even from the beginning of swim season out here to now, they are so amazing! They kick, dive, hold their breath and are even starting to use one arm to do the front stroke. Even Moriah can swim temporarily without her swim jacket, and if she gets tired she switches to her back! It was so much fun watching them.

After I finished feeding Hanns, we sat on the pool steps and enjoyed the coolness of the water. Hannah loves, LOVES water! She just sat their with a completely relaxed look on her face like, " ahh, this is the life". Her little humored eyes peering about with her little chubby cheeks! Love that girl! Then Moriah swims over, sits on the stairs and holds Hannah between her legs singing " I love you so much, I love you so much, I can't even tell you how much I love you....."

No comments: